- 2lb. pork roast
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 TBSP. garlic, minced (or more, if you love the stuff like we do!)
- 1 can Dr. Pepper (12 ounces, ignore the jumbo size one in my ingredient picture below, I didn't use the whole can in this recipe)
- approximately 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Place diced onion inside crock pot, in a single layer. Stir in minced garlic and spread evenly over the bottom of your crock pot.
2. Place pork roast on top of the onion and garlic mixture, then pour approximately two cups of your favorite barbeque sauce over the meat, covering it completely. Then pour your can of Dr. Pepper around the outside edges of the roast.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for four to six. Either way is fine, I've yet to have mine be over cooked. About four hours in I shred the pork with two forks and recover it, allowing the meat to soak up even more flavor. If you can't do this during the cooking process because you're at work or out of the house try to do it at least 30 minutes before you'll serve it.
We toast our hamburger buns in the oven and top it with even more barbeque sauce!
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.