I found this recipe via The Recipe Critic and any of my tweaks or opinions will be in italics.
-like my fancy paper plates? =)
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley or 2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- shredded lettuce
- hamburger buns
- provolone cheese slices, optional
- Place chicken and broth in crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and drain all liquid. Place chicken back in crock pot and shred with two forks.
- Stir in dressing, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cover and allow to heat through.
- Spoon mixture onto buns (we added the provolone cheese slices under the mixture), top with lettuce and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.