Friday, September 20, 2013

Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

If you follow me on Pinterest you may have seen this recipe I repinned several weeks ago. In case you're unaware, my husband LOVES sandwiches. He'd eat them at every meal if he could. The recipe sounded absolutely delicious, and Crock Pot cooking is one of the easiest ways to prepare a fantastic meal. We loved these sandwiches so much they've been added to our menu rotation, and I even took this recipe and turned it into sliders for a football watch party-I'll be sharing that version with you soon, so be sure to check back!

I found this recipe via The Recipe Critic and any of my tweaks or opinions will be in italics.


-like my fancy paper plates? =)

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup Caesar dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley or 2 tsp of dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • shredded lettuce
  • hamburger buns
  • provolone cheese slices, optional
Instructions:
  1. Place chicken and broth in crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
  2. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and drain all liquid. Place chicken back in crock pot and shred with two forks.
  3. Stir in dressing, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cover and allow to heat through.
  4. Spoon mixture onto buns (we added the provolone cheese slices under the mixture), top with lettuce and additional Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment